General Department of Education
School of Pedagogical & Technological Education (ASPETE)
Heraklion Attikis, 141 21 Athens, GR
Tel.: +30 210 2896-706
- B.Sc., Department of Primary Education, University of Athens, Greece
- B.Sc., Department of Mathematics, University of Patras, Greece
- Post-graduates studies in the School of Education and in the Department of Psychology, University of Bristol, UK
- Ph.D. in Educational Sciences (Psychology), University of Patras, Greece
- My research and published work refer to psycho-pedagogical constructs which are critical for the psycho-social and cognitive development of school age children, as well as for the teaching quality.
- The studies with students investigate constructs such as self-perception and self-esteem, motivation for learning, social-interpersonal support, unconditional acceptance, stress and depression, and aggression, as well as the role of family, school and peers. These constructs are in the core of the learning process and the psychodynamics of the school classroom.
- Educational Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Intervention programs
- Makri-Botsari, E. (2001). Causal links between academic intrinsic motivation, self-esteem, and unconditional acceptance by teachers in high school students. In R. Riding & S. Rayner (Eds.), International perspectives on individual differences. Vol. 2: Self-perception (pp.209-220). Westport, CT: Ablex Publishing.
- Makri-Botsari, E. (1999). Academic intrinsic motivation: Developmental differences and relations to perceived scholastic competence, locus of control and achievement. Evaluation and Research in Education, 13, 157-171.
- Μakri-Botsari, Ε. (2001). How students determine the importance of self-perception domains and how this relates to self-esteem. Evaluation and Research in Education, 15, 1-16.
- Makri-Botsari, E. (2005). Risk/protective effects on adolescent depression: Role of individual, family and peer factors. Psychological Studies, 50, 50-61.
- Makri-Botsari, E. & Psycharis, S., (2008). Enhancing motivation, school competence and self-perception of physics in the environment of the cognitive tutor CTAT during physics instruction. In M. Lytras, J. Carroll, E. Damiani, R. Tennyson, D. Avison, G. Vossen, & P. Ordonez De Pablos (Eds.), Communications in Computer and Information Science, Vol. 19: The Open Knowlege Society. A Computer Science and Information Systems Manifesto (p.p. 342-353). Berlin: Springer-Verlag.