- 1993: B.Sc. in Psychology, Psychology Department, University of Crete
- 1995: M.Sc. in Psychology, Psychology Department, City University, London UK
- 2004: Ph.D. in Psychology, Department of Elementary Education, Aegean University.
Title of Ph.D. Dissertation: The impact of children’s diabetes mellitus type 1 on family
- Factors affecting career development, career maturity, career decision- making ability
- Family issues and their impact on individual’s personal, social and career development
- Personality and Individual Differences, Development of new psychometric instruments
- Teacher education and ICT
- Adolescence, new adulthood and web & social networking
- Personality theories (University of Athens, 2006 -2010)
- Counselling Psychology & Career Guidance (ASPETE, 2006 -2011)
- Counselling people with special needs (ASPETE, 2006 -2007)
- Counselling people with psychosocial problems (ASPETE, 2006 -2010)
- Counselling & Guidance in Education (MA in Education, ASPETE-University of Roehampton, London, 2008-2010)
- 1. Kounenou, K. (2010). Family Counselling & Therapy. Models, New family types, Family-Work. Athens: Papazisi Publ. (in Greek)
- Koumoundourou,G., Kounenou, K., Siavara, E. (accepted for publication). Core Self-Evaluations, Career Decision Self-Efficacy, and Vocational Identity among Greek Adolescents. Journal of Career Development.
- Kounenou, K., Koutra, Aik., Katsiadrami, A., & Diakogianis, G. (in press/2011). An epidemiological study of university students’ mental health. Journal of College Student Development
- Koumoundourou, G., Tsaousis, I., & Kounenou, K. (in press/1st issue 2011). Parental influences on Greek adolescents career decision making difficulties: The mediating role of Core-Self Evaluations. Journal of Career Assessment.
- Tsamparli, A., & Kounenou, K. (2004). The Greek family system when a child has diabetes mellitus type . Acta Paediatrica, 12(93), 1646-53.
- Tsamparli, A., & Kounenou, K. (2004). Parent-child interaction in the context of a chronic disease. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy, 25(2), 74-83.
- Kounenou, K. (2010). Children’s and adolescents’ career development: the family and parental impact. Proceedings of the Conference Kultura Pedagogiczna Wspolczesnej Rodjny (The pedagogical Culture in contemporary family), PWSZ, Glogow 2010, p. 99-104, Poland.
- Kounenou, K., Koumoundourou, G., & Makri-Botsari, E. (2010).The Greek school career counselors competencies and burnout syndrome. Procedia. Social & Behavioral Sciences Journal 2(2), 1890-1895. Elsevier, WCES-2010.
- Kounenou, K. (2010).Exploration of the relationship among drug use & alcohol drinking, entertainment activities, and self-esteem in Greek university students. Procedia. Social & Behavioral Sciences Journal, 2(2), 1906-1910. Elsevier, WCES-2010.
- Κounenou, K., Koutra, K., (2008). Self-esteem & academic achievement in university students. Electronic Proceedings of the 2007 Fedora-Psyche Conference in Crete, Rethymnon
- Κounenou, K., Koutra, K., Katsiadrami, A., & Diakogiannis, G. (2007). Anxiety and psychosomatic problems in University students. In P. Roussi, E. Vassilaki, K. Kaniasty & J.P. Barker (Eds.), Electronic Proceedings of the 27th Conference of the STAR Society, 13-15 July 2006, University of Crete, Rethymnon (p. 82-89). Available at http://www.star-society.org/
- Kounenou, K., Athanasopoulou, V., & Papadaki, E. (2005). The drop-out phenomenon in Greece. In G. Rott, C. Fingueiredo Dias, J-P. Broonen (Eds), Cognition, Motivation and Emotion : Dynamics in the Academic Environment (p.122-132). Fedora Psyche Conference in Lisbon, 2002. Fedora-Louvain-la-Neuve. Available at: http://elpub/bib/Uni-wuppertal.de/edocs/dokumente/zsb/fedora/conf2002/fedora02.pdf
- Broonen, J-P & Kounenou, K. (2002). Psychological models to explain/ predict first year students’ success. Proceedings of 7th Fedora Conference (p.p. 99-102), «Fit for the future», Edinburgh, 26-29 August 2000