The School of Pedagogical & Technological Education (ASPETE)wasfounded in Athens in June 2002 (article 4, Law 3027/2002) as the successor of SELETE, a Technical & Vocational Teacher Training Institute, founded in 1959 (Law 3971/1959).
ASPETE is a self-administered public legal entity operating in accordance with article 16, para. 5 of the Constitution, the provisionsof article 4 of Law 3027/2002 as amended by the Presidential Decree 101/2013 and article 29 ofLaw 4186/2013.
Today ASPETE has the following Academic Departments:
- Department of Education
- Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering Educators
- Degree Option: Electrical Engineering Educators
- Degree Option: Electronic Engineering Educators
- Department of Mechanical Engineering Educators
- Department of Civil Engineering Educators